Monday, April 20, 2009

As I've said to my children, technology/computers is the way of the world. It doesn't matter industry you work in technology will be there and forever developing. As computers are doing in our everyday lives. My children have grown up with computers, but it is new to me. I want to know what is out there, what I can do, to see and experience what my children take for granted everyday. I am not a very good letter writter, but I can get in front of a computer and typed a few words without a problem. So blogging seems to be a good way to communicate. The older you get the more you think that it is not necessary to keep up with technology, but it interests and amazes me. Years ago when the internet first surfaced I couldn't see the point, but now, I am on it everyday. The the availabiltiy and speed of the information is terrific and up to date. This is actually the first blog I have seen or done, I can see the value in it and am quite interested in continuing this adventure. I can see that blogs would be invaluable for libraries and their patrons. Afterall, the idea is information sharing and this achieves that in more ways than can be imagined. I am quite sure if you have a hobby, interest or skill, the blog is a great way of sharing ideas and getting to know other people with similar interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment